Saturday, November 22, 2008


P H I L A D E L P H I A
Day 3

I had the day off today and was considering taking the $20 bus from Chinatown to Chinatown (Philly to NYC). I made the trip in 2007 after Miguel Vasquez suggested the idea - it was an easy, inexpensive way to see the city. After a little thinking, I decided to focus on Philadelphia this year because this may be my last travel season and I would be more likely to plan a personal vacation to NYC vs. Philly later on so I spent most of the day today browsing around city shops and at the Philadelphia Museum of Art.

In my next post I will elaborate on what I decided were my favorite 20 pieces from the museum's collection.


This was a scale model of Philly I saw in a design and architecture bookstore on Arch St. I highlighted my hotel and the art museum:



Old and new architecture of Philadelphia...


The inside of the City Hall courtyard...



The LOVE sculpture near City Hall...




One of my favorite Philly murals (Philadelphia is a city of murals)...




The 'Rocky' statue in front of the Philadelphia Museum of Art...



The famous 'Rocky' steps leading up to the Philadelphia Museum of Art...




View of the city from the Philadelphia Museum of Art...




Equestrian statue near the Philadelphia Museum of Art...




Roof line of the Philadelphia Museum of Art...




My favorite 20 pieces of the museum's collection. (click photo for a larger image) I will list them piece by piece in my next post...